Lighthouse – User Roles and Access Permissions
Every Lighthouse user must have an assigned role that dictates their access permissions to Lighthouse Mobile app and/or the Lighthouse Web. You can designate view and/or create access to all areas, and view, create, edit and/or delete access on forms. By default, standard roles with specific permissions are automatically set up. Common role types include admin, manager/supervisor, field employees and customer. You can edit the standard roles based upon your company needs. We recommend considering your own use cases for the system and defining a standard set of roles that address all your user types and requirements.
Common Role Types
- Admin – view, create, edit and delete access to all mobile and web modules, including set-up functions (i.e. ability to create locations, users, form templates, etc.) and all reporting
- Manager / Supervisor – view access to most or all web modules and create/edit access to mobile forms and messages
- Field Staff -– mobile-only access
- Customer – web-only access, perhaps restricted to certain reporting modules or receipt of Daily Location Reports; possibly limited mobile access to submit issues or audits
Create a new user role
- In Lighthouse Web navigate to Settings by clicking your user name at the top right of the window
- Click on the Roles & Permissions tab
- To add a new role, click on the button in the top right
- Enter a name in the Role Name field
- Click the Platform Access drop down and select either Mobile and Web, Mobile only or Web only
- Select View, Create, Edit and/or Delete for each of the Access Permissions
Note: Standard roles are preset. You may edit these roles to meet your needs.
Tip: If you are setting up a customer role for email notifications only choose Web only access.
- Setup - Access to view the Setup tab and associated pages.
- Reports Dashboard - Access to view the Dashboard under the Reports tab which provides basic analytics.
- Locations - Selected by default. All end users need view access to locations. Administration roles need Create/Edit access to add new locations. Access to individual locations are assigned at a user level.
- Signals - Selected by default. All end users need view access to signals. Administration roles need Create/Edit access to add new signals.
- Loop Times - Access to view or manage loop times.
- Form Templates - You need View access to create and submit a form. Create/Edit access refers to setting up the fields that make up the form.
- Tasks/Issues/Audits - View access allows you to see submitted tasks, issues and audits on the web. Create/Edit gives the user access to submit a task, issue or audit (including the mobile app).
- Jobs - For future integration capabilities. Leave this field cleared.
- Events - Access to view the Event report.
- Maps - Access to view maps in Lighthouse Web.
- Heat Maps - For future enhancement to view heat maps in Lighthouse Web. Select View, so when the enhancement is released you will have access to it.
- Back in Time - Access to look at map history in Lighthouse Web
- Activity Feed - Access to view recent activity in web and mobile.
- Messages - View access allows you to view messages in Web and Mobile. Select Create/Edit if you want access to respond to the messages and/or create your own messages.
- Message Groups - View access allows you to see messages sent within a group message. Create/Edit access allows you to create a new message group (including one to one messages).
- Roles and Permissions - View access allows you to see the Roles and Permissions. Create/Edit is usually given to administrative role to add, edit and delete access.
- Users - View access allows you to see user names on the users tab and on reports. Create/Edit access allows you to add, edit and delete users.
- Loop Exceptions - Access to view the Exceptions report and view them in the mobile app.
- Shifts - Access to view the submitted shifts in the report and view shifts started in the activity feed in the mobile app.
- Exports - Set this to Create/Edit for access to generate and download exports.
- App Debugging - Access to view Bluetooth beacon signal testing in the mobile app.
Tip: If you are setting up a customer role and you do not want them to have access to certain types of reports (example: issues or exceptions), keep the View check box cleared. These reports will then be hidden and notifications will not be sent to them. For additional information on customer reporting use this link.
Once you have created your user role and access permissions, you need to add the user and assign them.