Lighthouse – Maps Overview and Navigation
The Maps view in Lighthouse Web is a powerful tool for monitoring service hours, activities, and employees. This view is the default view when you access Lighthouse Web. The activity displayed on the map refreshes on a continual 30 minute rotation. From Maps you can view locations and areas/signals and complete the following actions.
- Search for employees logged into Lighthouse
- Set up new locations, buildings and areas/signals
- Find specific locations
- View and filter activity across all locations
- Add new forms (audits, issues and tasks)
- Edit submitted forms (audits, issues and tasks)
- Send messages
- Display current and previous time period activity
Maps view vocabulary
Clusters and Legend
With locations, users and submitted forms, the map view can quickly get crowded with information. Map clusters group information by proximity (region/location). Clicking on a cluster reveals a summary of the information contained within.
Thebutton (bottom left) displays a key to help you understand the map and clusters. By default only activity submitted within the last 30 minutes is visible on the map.
- The color of user icons indicates how recently Lighthouse has received updated location data
- Tasks display with a check box icon
- Issues display with an exclamation mark icon
- Audits display with a pencil icon
- Clusters display blue if it only represents locations
- Clusters display green if the cluster includes users and/or activity
- The number displayed on the cluster indicates the number of active users
Example: For example, if it has been more than five minutes but less than an hour since the user has moved on the map, the icon turns orange.
Tip: To remove locations from the cluster, toggle it off in .
The Map.button (bottom left) allows you to customize what displays on the
- If the toggle is green, the map displays the content
- If the toggle is gray, the map content is hidden
- Tool tips display the name associated with the item
- Hovering over the icon automatically displays the tool tip
- Signals are Bluetooth beacons, QR codes or NFC tags
The Zoom icons (bottom right) allows you to zoom in or out of the map. To reposition the map, click and drag it to the appropriate position.
Thebutton (bottom right), when clicked, opens up options for adding a new audit, issue, task or location.