Lighthouse – Adding Locations
Adding locations is completed in Lighthouse Web on the Map view. Setting up a location involves drawing geofence boundaries and entering location details.
How do I add a location?
- In Lighthouse Web, navigate to the Maps view
- Use the search feature or the zoom buttons to find the location you want to add on the map
- Search for the location you want to add by entering the name or address in the map search bar (top left)
- Use the buttons (bottom right) to close in on the location
Tip: To help you find the location, click on the button (lower left) and select the Satellite option.
- Once you have found the correct position on the map, click the New Location icon quick tool button button (bottom right blue plus sign), and select the
- Use the plus sign to click, and continue clicking/drawing the location boundaries until you reach your beginning position
- Click the button at the bottom of the window
- Once your location boundaries are set, click the button on the slider view to update the location details, and then click the and buttons.
You can edit the location boundaries (geofence) by dragging the edges when you are in edit mode. Click on the location, click the
Note: The location boundaries define the geofence. Every time a user enters this geofence, it registers that they are at that location. We recommend adding a small buffer to the boundary of your geofences as GPS accuracy can vary depending on the environment and the device used.
The location displays on the map with a blue outline around the geofence.