Lighthouse – Adding a Task Form Template
Tasks are designed for capturing simple repeated or scheduled activities where no follow-up action is required. They can be assigned to locations and areas so employees have the right form at their fingertips when they are at a location.
Task template examples
- Daily activity reports
- Sweep sheets
- Door/elevator/fire safety checks
- Post orders
Adding a new task form template
- Click the Templates menu option
- Click the Tasks tab
- Click the button
- Enter the name of the form in the Title field
- Optional: click the Locations drop down and check the appropriate locations
- Optional: click the Areas drop down and check the appropriate area
- In the New Group section, enter the name of the group in the Group Label field
- Optional: enter details or instructions in the Description field
- Click the Repeatable drop down and choose from Unlimited, Not Repeatable or a value of 1-10
- Select the User can skip check box if you want to allow the user to skip this group when filling out the form
- Enter the questions you want answered in the Field column
- Select the Required check box to ensure the employee enters the selection
- Select the Summary Field check box if you want the field information to display in the activity summary section at the top of the Daily Location Report.
- Select the Type drop down and select the appropriate option
- Date - opens a wheel calendar to choose a date
- Display Image - displays images that users see when they view the form. Images can be displayed when the form is opened or pinned to the form permanently by selecting the Display always option.
- Display Text - provides static text often used to list instructions. Select Display always if you always want the text to display or Display on form entry only - if you want the text to display only once and if the user opens the form again to edit it, then it will not display the instructions again. Also, style formatting can be added to the text.
- File – provides the ability to attach a PDF or Word document. This feature is only accessible when using the web app.
- Number – changes the keypad to numbers and limits the user to enter only numbers.
- Media – allows the user to take a picture with their mobile devices camera, to attach photo(s) from the library (if provisioned), or to upload a video. If you select this field as a summary field, then only the first photo/video displays in the summary table on the Daily Location Report.
- Select – adds a multiple choice field. Select the appropriate option.
- Checkboxes - adds check boxes for the user to choose from
- Multi Select List - the user can select more than one choice
- Radio Buttons - adds buttons for the user to choose from
- Single Select List - the user can only select one choice
- Star Rating - displays stars. The user selects one to five stars to rate something
- Signature – displays a box for the user to use their finger to sign their name.
- Switch – displays a check mark box. It allows the user to check off that something has been completed.
- Text – this option allows the user to type in an answer. This is often used to ask a specific question or a command that must result in the user typing out an answer. When the Multi-line option is selected the field becomes responsive to how much text is typed in the field.
- Time – allows the user to enter a time.
If you want the scope of work to display every time the employee opens the form, then the instructions would be listed in this field, and the next field could be set up with each of the areas that need attention.
Another example is if you wanted post orders to display every time the employee opens the form, then the instructions would be listed in this field, and the next field could be set up with a question "Do you understand the instructions for this post?".
Tip: This is often used for a phone number field.
Tip: There is no limit to the number of photos that can be uploaded and the video default size limit that can be uploaded is 120 MB. To increase the current file size limit for videos, email TEAM Client Services at email@example.com.
Tip: It is best to limit the use of the Text data type, as free-form entry allows typos. Also, if you export the report data it is easier to analyze structured data.
Optional: to add another group, click thebutton.
- When the form is complete, click the button at the bottom of the form.
Note: Leaving the Location field blank allows the template to be available for use at every location.
Note: Leaving the Areas field blank allows the template to be available for use at every location.
Tip: When a field is set to required, the employee is not able to save/submit the form without entering this information.
Note: There is a limit of up to three displayed Summary Fields per form template. Summary fields should be reserved for the most important content in the form.
Reordering fields and groups
While creating your form you might have a need to reorder fields and/or groups.
To reorder fields, use the arrows located on the right of the fields to move them up or down.
To reorder groups, use theor buttons located at the top of the group.
Deleting fields and groups
To delete a field, click on the trash icon to the right of the field.
To delete a group, click thebutton located on the top of the group.
Tip: To save time, use the duplicate option to make a copy of an existing template and then edit as needed. Hover over the appropriate template and click the Duplicate option.