Lighthouse – Adding an Audit Form Template
Audits are used for inspections, designed with a scoring/assessments feature. They allow you to set up a custom scoring system (i.e. Pass/Fail, 1-5, etc.) and assign weighting or value to questions.
Common Audit Template Examples
- Officer inspections
- Supervisor quality inspections
Adding a new audit form template
- Click the Templates menu option
- Click the Audits tab
- Click the button
- Enter the name of the form in the Title field
- Optional: click the Locations drop down and check the appropriate locations
- Optional: click the Areas drop down and check the appropriate areas
- Optional: enter the number that you want as the performance standard in the Target field
Note: Leaving the Location field blank allows the template to be available for use at every location.
Note: Leaving the Areas field blank allows the template to be available for use at every location.
Example: Entering an "85" in the Target field would set the measure standard to 85%.
The target standard is compared to the overall audit score to discern if it performed:
Above Target – score is above the target value
On Target – score is equal to the target value
Below Target – score is below the target value
For additional details on setting up targets use this link.
Example: If you are completing an inspection on an employees work, adding a name and employee number field is helpful so you know who the inspection was completed on.
- Enter the name you want listed in the Group Label field
- Optional: enter additional information or directions in the Description field
- Click the Repeatable drop down and choose from Unlimited, Not Repeatable or a value of 1-10
- Select the User can skip check box if you want to allow the user to skip this group when filling out the form
- Enter the questions you want answered in the Field column
- Select the Required check box to ensure the employee enters the selection
- Select the Summary Field check box if you want the field information to display in the activity summary section at the top of the Daily Location Report.
- Select the Type drop down and select the appropriate option
- Date - opens a wheel calendar to choose a date
- Display Image - displays images that users see when they view the form. Images can be displayed when the form is opened or pinned to the form permanently by selecting the Display always option.
- Display Text - provides static text. You can list instructions or add a hyperlink. Select Display always if you always want the text to display or Display on form entry only - if you want the text to display only once and if the user opens the form again to edit it, then it will not display the instructions again. Also, style formatting can be added to the text.
- Click the Link button
- Enter the Link Title (displayed text)
- Enter the Link Target (URL)
- Choose whether to select the Open link in new window option
- Click Add
To add a hyperlink:
- File – provides the ability to attach a PDF or Word document. This feature is only accessible when using the web app.
- Number – changes the keypad to numbers and limits the user to enter only numbers.
- Media – allows the user to take a picture with their mobile devices camera, to attach photo(s) from the library (if provisioned), or to upload a video. If you select this field as a summary field, then only the first photo/video displays in the summary table on the Daily Location Report.
- Select – adds a multiple choice field. Select the appropriate option.
- Checkboxes - adds check boxes for the user to choose from
- Multi Select List - the user can select more than one choice
- Radio Buttons - adds buttons for the user to choose from
- Single Select List - the user can only select one choice
- Star Rating - displays stars. The user selects one to five stars to rate something
- Signature – displays a box for the user to use their finger to sign their name.
- Switch – displays a check mark box. It allows the user to check off that something has been completed.
- Text – this option allows the user to type in an answer. This is often used to ask a specific question or a command that must result in the user typing out an answer. When the Multi-line option is selected the field becomes responsive to how much text is typed in the field.
- Time – allows the user to enter a time.
Note: There is a limit of up to three displayed summary fields per form template. Summary fields should be reserved for the most important content in the form.
Tip: There is no limit to the number of photos that can be uploaded and the video default size limit that can be uploaded is 120 MB. To increase the current file size limit for videos, email TEAM Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip: It is best to limit the use of the Text data type, as free-form entry allows typos. Also, if you export the report data it is easier to analyze structured data.
Example: Score options could be set to a star-rating scale of one star to four stars, or a grading scale of A, B, C, D and F.
Example: If your company values cleanliness above all, the questions pertaining to cleanliness can carry more weight over other questions by giving them a higher number.
Tip: When a field is set to required, the employee is not able to save/submit the form without entering this information.
Optional: to add another group, click thebutton.
- Optional: If you want fields at the bottom of the form, click the Footer Fields heading. These fields can be set as a summary field and set up with many different field types. button under the
- When the form is complete, click the button at the bottom of the form.
Reordering fields and groups
While creating your form you might have a need to reorder fields and/or groups.
To reorder fields, use the arrows located on the right of the fields to move them up or down.
To reorder groups, use theor buttons located at the top of the group.
Deleting fields and groups
To delete a field, click on the trash icon to the right of the field.
To delete a group, click thebutton located on the top of the group.
Tip: To save time, use the duplicate option to make a copy of an existing template and then edit as needed. Hover over the appropriate template and click the Duplicate option.