Lighthouse – Pre-Go-Live Checklist
It is important that you have everything in place before actively launching Lighthouse with your field employees. The list below outlines the set up and testing that needs to be completed to help you have a successful product roll-out.
Following is a list of items that need to be completed in-house before you go-live.
All tracked locations need to be added and service hours set up.
Ensure the total number of locations set up in Lighthouse matches your internal list.
- Navigate to the Locations tab (Setup menu option), verify the number of locations set up (in the column header) is correct. Use this link for help on setting up locations.
If you have service hours set up, the map displays if they are closed or open (when you should expect a field employee to be on site). If locations display as Closed then they might not have service hours set up.
- Click on the Locations filter (on the Maps menu option) and filter the list for all Closed locations.
- For locations that display as Closed, verify that the service hours are set up by selecting the location (Locations tab, Setup menu option). Use this link for help on setting up service hours.
If you are using signals, verify all of your QR codes, NFC tags or Bluetooth beacons have been added.
Verify that all relevant roles/permissions are set up.
- Navigate to the Settings, Roles & Permissions tab, (accessed from your user name) and ensure all relevant roles/permissions are set up. Use this link for help on setting up roles and permissions.
Verify all of your users have been invited or added.
- Navigate to Settings, (Users tab) and verify all users are included in the list. Use this link for help with adding/inviting users.
Scheduled work can be set up for active notifications and/or reporting to help you identify if checkpoints or areas have not been visited in a specified time period.
- Navigate to Schedules on the main menu and verify each of the locations have scheduled work set up. Use this link for help in setting up scheduled work.
- Download the Lighthouse.io mobile app from the Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android). Complete the following testing on the mobile app:
- Log in
- Create a message group
- Send a message
- Submit a task form
- Submit an issue form
- Change the status on an issue form
- Assign an issue to a user
- Complete an audit
- View recent activity
- Scan a QR code and/or NFC tag
- Review submitted activity in reports
Following is a list of items that need to be completed at your customer locations, or on your employees mobile devices before you go-live.
Print your QR codes on sticker paper and adhere them at the checkpoints physical location. For details on printing QR codes, use this link.
Adhere your NFC tags at the checkpoints physical location and assign the tags to the appropriate location with the Lighthouse Mobile app. For details on NFC tag deployment, use this link.
All employees who are going to use Lighthouse need to have the mobile app downloaded to their device and mobile permissions set. For details on downloading the app, use this link.
To ensure a successful product roll-out, you will need to complete training with your supervisors and/or managers. Also, the PDF resources on this page may be helpful for mobile training.
A Mobile Device Management (MDM) system allows you to remotely manage mobile settings and app updates. This system also allows you to lock devices and check device health. If you are using a MDM, your devices need to be pre-configured and the Lighthouse.io app provisioned through the MDM. For details on setting up a MDM system, use this link.
Once you go-live, refer to the post-go-live topic for activities to complete on day one, week one and month one.